Last updated: 25 March 2019
Heathrow Midnight Marathon 2019 Privacy Notice
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Ltd (Heathrow) collects personal information about you when you participate in the Heathrow Midnight Marathon 2019. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information when you participate in Heathrow events.
Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What information will we collect about you?
When you participate in the Heathrow Midnight Marathon 2019 we will collect the following information about you:
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Organisation you work for
- Whether you have an airside pass or not (where appropriate you may be required to provide either your unique employee ID pass number, passport or driving licence details)
- T-shirt size
- Whether you have any special access requirements that we should be made aware of for the event
- Your image (by way of photographic ID and/or by way of photographs or footage when competing in an event)
- Emergency contact details
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Heathrow will use your personal data for several purposes including the following:
|Use of Data||Lawful Basis||Justification|
|To process your application to participate in the Midnight Marathon 2019 and delivering the service||Contract||We are required to process your personal data to confirm your entry into the Midnight Marathon 2019. This may also include ensuring you have the appropriate documentation to allow you to go airside temporarily to complete the Midnight Marathon.
We will process your data to track and record the time taken to complete the Midnight Marathon.
There will also be photographs taken from the event which may be uploaded onto Heathrow’s intranet (HUB+) and/or placed on the publicly available Midnight Marathon website or social media channels to enable all participants to view the photos of the event. If you do not wish your photo to be taken or deleted after the event, please contact email@example.com.
We will process your information to ensure you have the latest race information, fundraising information, tips and ideas.
|Marketing communication||Legitimate Interest||We collect your contact information to keep you informed of future Midnight Marathon events for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe to marketing emails at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Failure to provide mandatory data fields denoted by a ‘*’ during the booking form registration will mean that we will not be able to complete your order and allow you to participate in the Heathrow Midnight Marathon 2019.
Your information will be stored and managed by the following recipients in order to facilitate the Heathrow Midnight Marathon 2019:
- Heathrow staff handling the organisation, administration and delivery of the Midnight
- FR Systems Ltd (Company No: 4469182 – this third party will be providing timing services to Heathrow to support the time recording of participants in the Midnight Marathon)
- Eventbrite, Inc. (Company. No. 4742147 – this third party will be providing the online application form facilities to enable you to sign up for the Midnight Marathon 2019 and collect the ticket fee payment which will be transferred to Heathrow minus Eventbrite’s fee)
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Your information processed by Heathrow is done so only in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your information will be retained for a period of one year from the date of the event after which point it will be deleted, except for your race time and name, which will be utilized to create an overall event leaderboard in comparison to other participants from various editions of the Heathrow Midnight Marathon. We will also use your contact details for marketing communications, to keep you informed of any future events we are running. We will keep this information for one year. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
To exercise your rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I find your response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.